Super simple strawberry ice cream cake (pie?) recipe for Valentine's Day! Strawberry ice cream, graham cracker crust and of course... CHOCOLATE! Because what even IS Valentine's day without chocolate?!
Here's what you will need:
-1 pre-made graham cracker crust
-1 pint strawberry ice cream (I used Halo Top, because #lowcal)
-1 cup chocolate chips
-Red Sugar Sprinkles (optional)
How to make it:
1) Let the ice cream sit out on the counter for about 20 minutes, until slightly melted and soft.
2) Melt 1/2 of the chocolate chips and pour them into the pie crust. This is essential, because what you're doing is creating a layer of chocolate to protect the graham cracker crust. Otherwise, the ice cream would melt into the crust and make it soggy. Place back in the freezer for 10 mins to harden the chocolate.
3) Scoop the ice cream into the pie crust and smooth over the top.
4) Melt the remaining chocolate and pour it into a ziploc baggie. Snip one corner of it and write a message on wax paper. Place the chocolate in the freezer for 10 mins to harden.
5) Remove the cake and the chocolate from freezer and top the cake with red sugar sprinkles around the edges, and carefully peel the chocolate off of the wax paper and onto the cake.